Table of Content
Consider this when choosing a Non Gamstop Casino
Why would anyone look for a Gamstop-free casino?
The answer is simple. After you have blocked yourself from gambling in the Gamestop register, not many casinos will accept your registration.
This is great and exactly what the scheme is for. However, in many cases, you can not register even after your Gamstop-block is gone.
For example, let’s say you block yourself from gambling and choose 6 months. Even after 6 months, it’s sometimes hard to find casinos that will accept your registration.
This is one reason someone may search for online casinos not registered with Gamstop.
Another common reason is that players self-exclude themselves by impulse after a bad run at the blackjack tables or slots. Later on, they regret their decision and want to reverse their Gamstop ban.
This is not easy, by design.
Then it’s a lot easier to find a non Gamestop gambling site where you are allowed to place your bets without trying to trick the system.
There are, however, things to consider when choosing a casino not on Gamstop, such as:
- Online reputation
- Withdrawal times
- Bonus percentage and amount
- Are there free spins on deposit?
- What licence does the casino hold?
- What’s the total number of games?
- How many game providers does the casino have?
Playing at casinos not on Gamstop is legal
One thing that is good to remember is that playing at casinos not signed up to Gamstop is legal for UK players.
Some might think that it’s not, but that’s not true.
As a player, you can choose to play at any casino on the internet. However, the UKGC issues online gaming licences to certain casinos, allowing them to promote their websites to UK players.
In return, the operators pay 15% (soon 21%) tax on gross gaming revenue (GGR).
There are, however, casinos with licences in other jurisdictions who pay tax locally, but offer their websites internationally.
According to the UK Gambling law, they are not allowed to promote gaming services in the UK. This means that the UKGC could have a problem with them accepting UK players to their non gamstop casino sites.
However, the law does not state that it’s illegal for players, which makes it 100% legal to play at foreign casino websites, without UK licence.
Best online casinos not on Gamstop
|Bronze Casino||Curacao eGaming||5|
|Napoli Casino||Curacao eGaming||4,5|
|Spin Up Casino||Curacao eGaming||4,3|
In the comparison table above you find the best real money casinos not on Gamstop.
We hand-picked the top three operators and they all meet our criteria. This includes having good customer support, reoccurring bonus offers and a big enough game selection.
- Bronze Casino. Among online casinos not blocked by Gamstop Bronze is one of the best. With game suppliers like Betsoft and Microgaming, the game selection is flawless. The massive 300% bonuses are also something we love.
- Napoli Casino. With a 4,5 rating, Casino Napoli is a great contender to be the best casino not on Gamstop. Launched in 2019, the Curacao licenced operator has become a UK favourite with thousands of players.
- SpinUp Casino. This top casino website not participating in Gamstop has a 4,3 rating. This makes it the third-best online casino without Gamstop. The operator is based in Curacao and was founded in 2018.
Slots sites not registered with Gamstop
The most important factor when looking for slots sites that are not registered with Gamstop is, of course, the number of good slots from established providers.
For example, if a site has games from Microgaming, NetEnt and Play N’ GO, we would prefer that site any day of the week from a casino with only games from Fugaso.
The top 3 slot sites above all have good titles in their casino lobby, and we can warmly recommend them.
- Split Aces. A great name for a casino, based on splitting aces when playing Blackjack. Split aces has over 410 games available which is way above average. They also hand out bonuses worth over £1000 when depositing.
- Crazyno. A bit of a crazy name perhaps, but the game selection is no joke. With hundreds of slot machines and multiple reoccurring casino bonuses on a weekly basis, this is a bonus-hunters dream destination.
- Ridika Casino. If Crazyno was a crazy name, I guess Ridika is a bit ridiculous. However, it’s a great site to play slots on, and it’s not connected to Gamstop. All in all top-notch UK slot site.
List of new sites & casinos not blocked by Gamestop
|Casino||Launched||Number of Games|
|Stay Lucky Casino||August 2019||750+|
|Club Lounge Casino||August 2019||700+|
|One Spin Casino||September 2019||500+|
- Stay Lucky Casino. This casino was launched in 2019 and have over 750 casino games to choose from. Stay Lucky also has 300% up to £1000 + 100 free spins as their welcome offer, which is a large promotion to say the least.
- Club Lounge Casino. Club Lounge is an online casino not on Gamestop with 700 games and a 400% welcome bonus. The total bonus package consists of £1500 and 150 free spins.
- One Spin Casino. Among gambling sites not on Gamstop this is probably the one most focused on slots. It also offers table games and live games, but the slot machines are the main bulk of the titles available. The first welcome bonus is 400% up to £800 + 20 free spins without any wagering requirements what so ever.
What all casinos without Gamstop have in common
There are some traits that all casinos excluded from Gamstop have in common. For example, they all have licences in off-shore jurisdictions like Malta, Cyprus or Curacao.
Another thing is that these sites usually have bigger bonuses and VIP-programmes. This is why many high rollers choose these casinos over UK licenced operators.
What’s also good to know, is that operators not connected to Gamstop usually have really fast deposits, but withdrawals take a few days minimum.
Real money casino games not on Gamestop
In this section, we’re going to cover what kind of games that are available when playing on casinos not registered with Gamestop. The game selection might be bigger than you thought, as these sites offer games to players internationally and they want to please them all.
Slots are the number one game type offered on any online casino, not just only on Gamestop-excluded sites. In the United Kingdom slots are the bread and butter of any gambling website, and the players would never play at a site without a good slot machine inventory.
It’s not chocking that table games are number two to slots when it comes to popularity among players. Blackjack and Roulette are hugely popular on brick-and-mortar casinos in the UK, so why would they not be as popular online? This also includes live table games where players face real dealers through a live stream.
Whether it’s video poker or a round of Texas Hold’em poker is something all sites should offer. Luckily, most poker websites not on Gamestop offer poker games in many variations. The poker variants offered are definitely not as many as on PokerStars or Full Tilt Poker, but it’s good enough to play for fun. If you want to become a better poker player visit the strategy articles section on Poker Player Newspaper.
Bingo is almost the national spare time activity in some parts of the UK. Players love all the different ways to play bingo, whether it’s with 75 or 90 balls or some new fancy variation of the classic game. There are not many bingo sites not on Gamstop, but there are a few which we’ve listed further up this page.
Banking options at casinos not on Gamestop
One of the biggest drawbacks for non-UK betting sites are the limited ways to deposit and withdraw money. All sites are different, but these are the most common payment methods you find of casino sites not with Gamestop:
Visa and Mastercards are accepted on all casinos we’ve tried so far. It’s the worlds most used banking method and it allows players to do instant deposits to their accounts.
The main benefit of credit cards is the ease of use and the lightning-fast deposits.
The main drawback is that you can not withdraw money to a credit card, but instead you need to do a bank transfer which takes a few days.
The most knows e-wallets are Neteller and Skrill (if you don’t count PayPal, which are not available). Usually, players deposits to e-wallets with their credit cards, and then they use this method for both deposits and withdrawals from gambling sites without Gamestop.
The benefit is that the withdrawals are usually much faster than with a credit card. However, it’s a two-step process if you first need to increase your e-wallet balance to being able to deposit in the first place.
Bitcoin / Cryptocurrencies
When we’re talking about cryptocurrencies as a banking method we’re usually talking about Bitcoin. There are, of course, hundreds of different coins one could use, but Bitcoin is usually the one most players know about and prefers.
The benefits of doing your transfers with Bitcoin is that it’s 100% anonymous. However, depositing and withdrawing with Bitcoin usually take more time than most other methods.
Know your limits when playing at non-Gamestop casinos
As with all gambling, playing at a casino not covered by Gamestop comes with a risk. You need to keep your head cool and don’t let the thrill get the best out of you.
There are certain things we recommend all gamblers ask themselves before they choose to play at non-Gamestop casinos.
For example, if you have blocked yourself from betting sites before, and feel you lose control when playing, gambling is not for you.
The main benefits of playing at casino sites without Gamestop is large bonuses, easier KYC process when depositing and withdrawing and some times a wider game selection. However, this is not something that out-weights the drawbacks if you have a history of gambling issues.
Are there different types of gambling sites not registered with Gamstop?
The term gambling sites include all types of websites offering games of chance for real money. In the UK, a majority of the population gamble from time to time even though many don’t see themselves as gamblers.
For example, lottery and bingo players rarely identify themselves as gamblers, but by definition, that’s exactly what they are.
There are, however, many ways to gamble and new betting options are launched yearly. Just a few years ago there was no betting on eSports. Today, it’s a massive industry with tens of companies just focusing on the new electric sports segment.
Today, there are quite many gambling sites not covered by gamstop, but it’s not only casinos. There are also bingo sites, slot sites and bingo websites to name a few.
Below, we are going through what types of gambling sites you can visit that are not signed up to Gamestop.
Online casino sites not on Gamstop
The most common websites that are gamstop-free is online casinos. Looking at gambling websites across the web casinos are the most common, and it’s not without reason.
Casinos are easier to manage than for example betting websites, for a few reasons;
- All games offered are provided by a third party. This is also possible for betting, but the margin for the operator goes way down.
- It’s the most lucrative segment for operators. We can’t forget that casinos are all about making money, and the house always wins. In this segment, they just win a bit more than in other category sites.
- The risk is lower. Sure, once in a while some really big wins can turn the black numbers to red for the casino, but in the long run, then mathematics behind the games does its thing.
- Just like slots, the live casino is a third-party product. Even if you play at a large site like William Hill or LeoVegas who have live casinos branded in their colours and logos, it’s provided by either Evolution Gaming or NetEnt Live. Both providers have large operations in Malta and different parts of eastern Europe with hundreds of live dealers simultaneously streaming games
So why would casinos choose to not apply for a UKGC license? There are a few reasons:
- With stricter regulations and rules applied by the UK Gambling Commission, online casinos can’t offer free spins and other bonuses like they used to do. This affects their revenue significantly.
- The new KYC rules state a player needs to verify his or her identity, proof of funds and send in a utility bill or proof of address before even a single bet can be placed. This is not an easy or smooth process, which makes a lot of new customers abandon the site before they even start to play.
- 18% tax now becomes 21%. The UK regulated casinos used to pay 18% tax, which was reasonable. Now the UKGC decided to raise this to 21% on gross gaming revenue.
- No gamification. Anything that could be appealing for people under 18 needs to go. Even if the site itself does not allow anyone under 18 to play. This means no treasure maps, no loot boxes or similar.
Online betting sites not on Gamstop
Bookmakers online still get most of the traffic among the different segments in the UK. Sportsbooks have been around for decades and you could almost say betting is the national past-time activity.
What differentiates betting with other types of gambling is that it’s hard to win without some kind of skill or research. Choosing who wins between 2 major football teams like Manchester United versus Liverpool is not easy even to the most skilled punter. And compared to pressing a button on a fruitmachine it’s like brain surgery.
Still, even though it’s not as easy, it’s the most popular gambling segment in the United Kingdom.
Lottery sites connected with Gamstop
When looking at gambling from a world-wide perspective, lotto is the biggest segment by far. Even in developing countries lottery is huge and many times bigger than all the other games of chance.
The thrill of the lottery comes from the huge jackpots you can win. Even though most participants expect not to win lottery tickets are usually very cheap and give high payouts so players think it’s worth the risk.
Top 3 biggest jackpots ever recorded from lotteries*:
- $1,586.4 million
- $1,537 million
- $768.4 million
Bingo Sites not on Gamstop
Online bingo is huge in the UK, but the sites are declining in popularity. It’s mainly due to other segments growing in popularity, but we can with confidence say that bingo is one type of gambling that will always be here.
There are not many bingo sites without Gamstop compared to casino sites, but there are a few to choose from.
Non Gamstop Casino FAQ’s
Gamstop is a self-exclusion scheme sponsored by the UK Gambling Commission. It covers most UK operators, so you can block yourself from gambling at most UK sites in one place.
Yes, there are.
Many casinos are not part of the Gamstop scheme yet, and some will never join. All UK licenced casino operators have to join the Gamestop scheme soon, but gambling sites with foreign licences do not have to.
6 months up to 5 years. It depends on what period you choose.
You can block yourself for 6 months, 1 year or 5 years.
Yes, in theory, you can. In real life, it’s very hard to do so.
You can block yourself from all UK licenced operators on Gamstop, and there are other self-exclusion tools like Gamban and NetNanny that will block you from entering most gambling sites not on gamstop.
However, new casinos excluded from Gamstop are constantly appearing, making it a daunting task to block yourself manually from all sites.
Yes, you can. But it’s not easy.
To do so, contact Gamstop customer service to discuss a potential solution.
Yes, it is free.